“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”
– Lao Tzu
Anxiety has become increasingly common in today’s World. In fact, Anxiety is one of the leading Mental Health problems in Canada. We all experience stress and anxiety. However, we may want to consider seeking help when anxiety, worry and feelings of intense fear and distress become overwhelming and our lives, relationships and or daily activities are impacted.
Questions to consider for Anxiety:
Do you ever feel your worries are taking over?
Do you ever notice if anxiety keeps you from engaging in, and fully enjoying your life?
Do you ever notice you are avoiding situations or people out of fear of anxiety, panic, embarrassment, or fear of not meeting expectations?
Do you ever find it difficult to complete tasks because of perfectionism or procrastination?
Do you ever feel that your world has become limited or isolated because of anxiety?
Do you ever experience symptoms such as: rapid heart rate, muscle tightness, nausea, panic attacks?
Does it feel that trying to keep up with everyone and everything is exhausting?
Common signs of stress and anxiety include:
Tension in neck and shoulders
Jaw clenching, teeth grinding
Common signs of Panic:
Increased heart rate
Shortness of breath
Changes in body temperature
Panic disorder is diagnosed in people who experience spontaneous seemingly out-of-the-blue panic attacks and who are preoccupied with the fear of a recurring attack. Panic attacks occur unexpectedly, sometimes even during sleep. Individuals with panic disorder have recurring panic attacks and often the fear of the attacks themselves become the focus.
How can individual therapy help with Anxiety & Stress?
- Learn evidence- based strategies for managing anxiety and worry in your life
- Learn skills to calm your nervous system
- Learn to relate to yourself in a gentler kinder and more compassionate manner
- Learn about the situations, thoughts and emotions which trigger anxiety and stress
- Learn strategies to assist in changing unhealthy thought patterns
- Learn and develop new ways of coping
- Learn to create more balance between your work and personal life
- Learn ways to improve communication with loved ones and colleagues
- Learn to seek out support from others as required
- Learn relaxation strategies
- Learn how to practice mindfulness
BOOK YOUR FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION TODAY
Get started today with a free and confidential consultation provided by an experienced and compassionate therapist
© Copyright 2020 | Heidi Sturgeon, MSW, RSW Sturgewood Industries Ltd | Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada | B3M 3N3 | All Rights Reserved.
Photos by Studio Ulmah - Website by Windrose Web Design